Here is a very easy way to prepare log; no baking, no cooking, no eggs and no butter, but a delicious taste and a beautiful decoration.
Ingredients: 8 to 10 servings
350 g. chocolate, chopped
¾ cup milk
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
¾ cup whipping cream, room temperature
15 glacé cherries, chopped
18 Savoiardi biscuits, chopped
For sides and top
¼ cup whipping cream, whipped
14 to 18 Savoiardi biscuits
Cookies of choice
Chocolate pieces of choice
Few glacé cherries
Green leaves of choice such as rosemary
To prepare log:
1. Place milk, sugar, and cocoa in a small pan over medium heat stirring till the mixture comes to the boil, remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate stirring till chocolate melts.
2. Whip cream till stiff.
3. Chocolate by now should be lukewarm. Fold the chocolate with the whipped cream, cherries, and biscuits.
4. Place the chocolate mixture over wax paper and leave till set slightly then roll paper to form a log allowing the bottom to remain slightly flat. Refrigerate log 1 hour.
To garnish log:
1. Whip cream.
2. Place log on a cardboard covered with aluminum foil slightly larger than the log on long sides.
3. Cut Savoiardi biscuits so that they reach by 2 cm above log. Attach biscuits to the sides by using whipped cream.
4. Top log with whipped cream and arrange biscuits, chocolate, and glace cherries on top.
Log may be prepared a day in advance. Keep refrigerated well covered.
N.B.: Icing sugar may be sifted on top if desired.